Oncology Clinical Scientist
Accent Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company based in Lexington, MA that is focused on developing first in class and best in class small molecule Inhibitors of RNA modifying enzymes (RMEs) and adjacent pathways to primarily treat cancer. Founded in 2017, named as one of Fortune’s Top Ten Workplaces in Healthcare and Biopharma in 2020, and one of Fierce Biotech’s Fierce15 in 2020, Accent is building a highly collaborative team of experienced high-caliber drug developers to develop life-changing therapies for patients.
This key individual will report to the Chief Medical Officer, interface directly with multiple early development oncology teams and external investigators/advisors/companies to lead innovation and enable Accent Therapeutics to achieve a higher probability of success in developing novel anti-cancer therapeutics. The specific role will be further refined based on the talents and interests of the individual with a clearly defined growth plan over time. Growth opportunities to supervise the conduct of early development clinical trials as well as to work on aspects of programs in late development programs exist.
- Provide clinical expertise and leadership to 1-2 clinical development programs program teams;
- Conduct clinical studies: Work closely with Clinical Operations to manage the CRO vendor to ensure patient appropriateness and evaluate safety data coming from the clinical studies.
- Liaise with the Clinical Investigators at the clinical sites to facilitate trial participation and identify issues that arise.
- Establish and grow KOL support for the Clinical Development Programs - The clinical scientist will be responsible for evaluating, prioritizing, establishing, and bringing in the results for these collaborations.
- Provide strategic guidance for compounds and devise clinical development strategies, assessment of competition, and approval strategy
- Design and draft clinical documents (protocol synopses, protocols, amendments, investigator brochure, Target Product Profiles, etc.) in concert with team, translational biology, statistician, clin. ops., & regulatory
- Review literature and author clinical abstracts, presentations for conferences when appropriate.
- Enable a focus on the cancer patient.
- An advanced degree (PhD preferred) in a related field with at least 5 years of post-graduate experience, of which at least 3 years include direct involvement with oncology clinical research. Individuals without an advanced degree but with significant relevant experience will also be considered.
- The candidate should have high level of independence, motivation, innovation, and excellent communication skills with team-oriented style to facilitate exchanges within a matrixed environment. Experience leading multidisciplinary cross-functional teams and direct management experience is highly desirable;
- Industry experience in oncology drug development, clinical trial conduct and safety reporting
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills required;
- Willing to travel (mostly domestic) occasionally, meet with investigators, attend conferences, participate in advisory boards, including over occasional weekends.