Oncology Medical Director
Accent Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company based in Lexington, MA that is focused on developing first in class and best in class small molecule Inhibitors of RNA modifying enzymes (RMEs) and adjacent pathways to primarily treat cancer. Founded in 2017, named as one of Fortune’s Top Ten Workplaces in Healthcare and Biopharma in 2020, and one of Fierce Biotech’s Fierce15 in 2020, Accent is building a highly collaborative team of experienced high-caliber drug developers to develop life-changing therapies for patients.
This individual will report to the Chief Medical Officer and will be the lead physician for the oncology clinical programs for Accent’s first and second small molecule drug candidates, currently planned for IND’s in 2024. The medical director will be responsible for medical monitoring of all clinical programs for these assets including delivery of proof-of-concept data in to support the company. In addition, the candidate will contribute to ongoing strategic development of the clinical programs and pipeline compounds, including clinical presentations and publications as well as key opinion leader relationships for the clinical programs.
- Provide oncology clinical expertise and leadership to our clinical development programs (preclinical and clinical) teams;
- Manage studies with regard to scientific issues, clinical issues, and safety monitoring
- Provide leadership on clinical project teams, interacting with investigators/physicians and clinical advisors
- Design and draft clinical documents in concert with team, translational biology, statistician, clinical operations, and regulatory
- Provide strategic guidance for compounds and devise clinical development strategies, assessment of competition, and approval strategy
- Review literature and author clinical abstracts, presentations for conferences when appropriate.
- Provide medical and scientific expertise to preclinical discovery groups for pipeline compounds that are in preclinical development
- MD with expertise in oncology. Board eligibility or certification is preferred but not required.
- At least 3 years of oncology drug development experience in a pharmaceutical or therapeutic biotechnology company
- Industry experience in oncology drug development, clinical trial conduct and safety reporting
- Experience leading multidisciplinary cross-functional teams and direct management experience is highly desirable;
- Strong communication skills to facilitate exchanges within clinical group and with scientists to guide transition of compounds form preclinical stage to first-in-human studies and beyond.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills required
- Willing to travel (mostly domestic) occasionally, meet with investigators, attend conferences, participate in advisory boards - this may require travel over weekends